HOTLINE / crisis: 717.273.7190Toll Free: 1.866.686.0451
How healthy is your relationship?
Does your partner:
- Embarrass you by calling you names, tell you that you're ugly or stupid, or make fun of you in front of your or their friends?
- Look at you or do things that scare you or do you worry about her or him getting mad?
- Tell you what to do, who you can see or talk to, how you should dress or where you go?
- Keep you from spending time with your family or friends? Tell you that you have to choose between them and your partner?
- Control all the money in your relationship? Take away all the money your receive or earn, make all the money decisions? Make you ask or beg for money? Refuse to give you money?
- Make all of the decisions?
- Threathen to take the children away from you or tell you that you aren't a good parent?
- Stop you from working or finding a job or going to school or church?
- Make you feel like the abuse is your fault? Blame it on alcohol, drugs or claim that it is because you or someone else made them angry? Deny that what they are doing to you is abuse? Tell you that they have a right to hurt you?
- Destroy or threaten to destroy your belongings or to kill your pets?
- Use weapons like guns, knives or other objects to intimidate you?
- Push, slap, kick, bite or hit you? Pull your hair or restrain you?
- Try to force you to drop criminal charges or a protection from abuse order?
- Threaten hurt or kill him or herself?
- Threaten to kill you?
If you answered 'yes' to even one of these questions,
you may be in an abusive relationship.
For support and more information please call the Domestic Violence Intervention Hotline locally at 717.273.7190 or toll free at 1.866.686.0451.